11 October 2023
In Jim Collins’s bestselling book Good to Great, he writes that the key to building a great company is to “Get the right people on the bus, get the wrong people off the bus, and then get the right people in the right seats on the bus.”
It sounds easy, but if you’ve ever been involved in the recruitment process, you know how difficult this can be. Periods of high growth and change can lead to desperate hires, candidates that look good on paper can be completely different in the workplace, and even the most ideal team members can be horrible culture fits. So how can you be sure you are attracting the right people into your business?
In this presentation, you will learn the recruitment essentials that will help you increase the calibre of candidates you attract and decrease the time wasters and wrong fits.
You will learn how to:
- Attract the right people to your position
- Position your business and job ad in a way that you don’t attract all job seekers
- Avoid choosing the best in a bad bunch of candidates
- Review your organisational structure with every recruitment opportunity
- Use talent mapping as a way of identifying crucial hires for future success
Related speaking topics: Bec can also speak on how to interview successfully, value based recruitment, organisational structure, strategic planning, building your employment brand, the benefits of headhunting/executive search, and team effectiveness.